Prior to practicing law, Mr. Coltrain graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering and worked for five years as a project engineer in the nuclear and plastics industry.
Mr. Coltrain was the 2013-2014 Chair of the Construction Law Section of the North Carolina Bar Association and is, currently, the Co-Chair of the NC Bar Association/ Carolinas AGC Liaison Committee.
He is a 2012 Carolinas AGC Pinnacle Awards recipient, a 2013 Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite, and has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America© for Construction Law since 2014.
- University of North Carolina (J.D., 1995)
- North Carolina State University (B.S., 1988)
- North Carolina Supreme Court (1995)
- U.S. District Court – Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina (1997)
- American Bar Association – Construction Law Section – Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Tenth District Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- Carolinas Associated General Contractors